12.23.2011

New home, new blog title, new year...







After a long hiatus of "what to do with my blog"?, I finally have the answer: a new title, a new topic and a new look.

3 months ago, we looked at a house. We saw its potential. We bought it. We gave the kitchen a facelift. We moved in. And now we're living in it, just the way it is. This is the chronicle of turning an old house into our home, one project at a time.

All of the pause. posts are still here and I am certain I will meander into the topics of parenting and motherhood and meditation because at the end of the day, it is all always connected.

For now, as I reflect on 2011 and prepare for 2012, the boxes are all unpacked, pictures are hung and the dust is settled. My feet, though I can't touch them myself, are planted firmly on the ground.  My priorities for today and for the next few months as baby number two arrives, well those are planted firmly on the ground too and don't include the word "renovate" in any way, shape or form. That means that for now, haus and home will be more about the being, than the doing.

Welcome to project: haus. Welcome home.

No comments: