6.26.2010

Just because

A few questions worth thinking about....from one of my new favorite blogs Annekata. Grateful to Oma and Opa for taking the nugget to the park yesterday so I could indulge in answering these questions, just because.

1. If you could have a dinner with a famous person (alive or dead) who would you choose?
Can I choose not famous? Because I choose my dad. I was 19 when he died. I was not old enough or mature enough to have become friends with him and I there is so much I want to know.

2. Where would you have that dinner?
Balthazar in New York City

3. What book written (in the last 300 years) had a real influence on your life?
First, The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood because it was the book that changed my relationship to reading. And second, Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert because it saved me.

4. If you could live anywhere, in any time, what place and time would that be?
I often think I was born into the wrong era. I have a romanticized view of life in England during the time of one of Jane Austen's stories. On the other hand, I could easily imagine living amongst the rice fields of Bali, no specific era in time.

5. What season would reflect you best?
Summer because it is acceptable to be barefoot all the time. Winter because it is introverted and quiet and prone towards melancholy.

6. What do you wear when you don't want to think about what you wear?
My favorite pair of jeans, a white tank top, a gray sweater and ballerinas. Or if they happen to be appropriate, my cowboy boots.

7. What does craft/making mean to you?
It means a complete detachment from time. It means creativity. It means working with my hands. It means contentment. It means joy. It means making a mess. It means having a space of my own. It means pride. It means making something with my own hands.

8. If you project yourself into the future. Is there anything you would like to achieve in the next 2 to 5 years?
I would like to write something for a magazine, either printed or online.

1 comment:

annekata said...

I very much enjoyed reading your post. The answer to the first question was surprising, unexpected, and very moving. I kept thinking about your answers on and off all day. Originally I was hesitant to put the challenge forward, but you made it very worthwhile.
Thanks so much!
Herzliche Gruesse von Kathrin